I want to buy a property abroad, how can I do it?

You can purchase property abroad using your R1m single discretionary allowance and/or your R10m foreign investment allowance.  Note if your property will cost more than R11m, then you can either apply for special permission to send more than R11m, or you may be able to structure the transaction so that the payment is made over two calendar years.

Leave a Comment